Interclub 30 mile time trial – 22nd June 2014
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials – Under their rules and regulations
Headquarters – Southill Village Hall, Stanford Road, Southill, Bed. SG18 9HX.
Signing on and numbers will be available from 0700h. There is some parking at the HQ, please DO NOT park on the course, there is plenty of parking on Stanford Road. Do not warm up through the start line. £4.00 entry fee per rider to cover CTT levy and event costs.
The starting order of riders has been updated and is available – here.
Timekeeper – Mr Frank Turner & Mr John Houghton. Event Contact – Mr James Gomm, 07473 784063
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard-shell Helmet that meets an internationally accepted standard. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets. It is recommended that a working rear light either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
Please note – Last year’s course was different due to road works preventing the use of the 30 course. Also note that in previous years the course has turned left after the disused railway bridge on the third lap, this was incorrect and the course should continue straight on at this point to the sharp left turn at North End Road as per the previous two laps. See course description and map below.
- START on south side of unclassified road Ireland-Southill at field boundary (GR 141413).
- Proceed west to triangle where left and downhill to junction with A600 where left into Shefford and then left on to B658.
- Follow through Broom cross roads (4.5m) to GM Growers Roundabout where left to Old Warden.
- Continue through village, past Southill-Old Warden and Cardington junctions to disused railway bridge where continue on road to turn sharp left at Northwood End Road to Ireland, where left over hump back bridge.
- Continue and take first left through Southill village to Broom cross roads where left onto B658.
- Repeat circuit (steps, 3, 4 & 5) via Broom cross roads and continue to GM Growers Roundabout and left to Old Warden
- Continue through village, past Southill-Old Warden and Cardington junctions to disused railway bridge where continue on road to turn sharp left at Northwood End Road to Ireland, where left over humpback bridge
- Continue along road PAST Southill turn to FINISH at GR 147413